How long will it take for my inter library loan to arrive?
Unfortunately we are unable to guarantee as to when an inter library loan will be made available to you
There are various reasons for this:
- The Library Patron has outstanding queries on their account eg fines or expiry of registration.
- The British Library may not hold the item so we may have to apply elsewhere.
- The item may be held in another section of the British Library so will take longer to retrieve.
- The item may be temporarily unavailable due to stock moves or other problems.
- Another user may have the item out on loan so you will be placed on a waiting list. This is also the case for photocopies or scans of articles or chapters.
- The British Library may be buying the item and so you will be placed on a waiting list.
- The British Library may require more information or rechecking references as they are having trouble finding the item.
- The item is being bound at the British Library.
We aim to keep you informed as to the progress of your request.